KDC - Industrial software
The DynResp simulation models contain multiple physics, but typically are comprised of linear structures and unsteady aerodynamics with nonlinear damping, nonlinear controllers and locally nonlinear effects (like tires, free-play, etc.). The product contains general linear control design and native simple nonlinear controllers, but also allows easy integration from MatLab/SimuLink.
- Study response to gust, manoeuvre -commands, and direct-force excitations
- Import modal structural data from finite-element codes (MSC Nastran, etc.)
- Incorporate unsteady aerodynamics from panel-based or linearised-CFD codes (e.g., MSC Nastran)
- General control architecture
- Accommodation of structural, aerodynamic and control nonlinearities
- Increased-order modelling (IOM) with common frequency-domain baseline models, then adding nonlinearities
- 1P and gyroscopic engine effects
- Frequency-domain linear baseline solutions
- Time-domain solutions for non-linear effects
- Static trim solutions for preliminary design
- Monitoring stations and load distributions for structural design
What are the key features and benefits?DynResp has unique strength in nonlinear, multi-disciplinary response analysis and in performing analyses on closed-loop systems. Careful handling of the linear and nonlinear parts of the problem allow the solution to be very fast. In addition, DynResp supports user functions that enable analysts to embed their own physics (typically CFD or control systems) into the problem.
What problems does the solution address?In the design of complex systems, the dynamic loads and stability margins often drive important design criteria in the preliminary design phase. DynResp allows a complete exploration of the critical dynamic loads environment with a special focus on closed loop systems.
DynResp is uniquely capable to explore the effects of the often-overlooked nonlinear effects like free play, control lags, control saturation and so on, to quickly identify design limits, ensure safe operation and ensure a robust design.
Why use DynResp and DynLoad?
- Multi-physics modelling with Nastran and/or Adams and/or Cradle as elements of the multi-physics modelling.
- Adds a key missing component (nonlinear, closed-loop) in loads and stability margins for existing MSC customers in Aero and Auto.
"Our customers use DynResp to enable their engineering organisations to easily and quickly exploit the coupled effects of structures, aerodynamics and control systems in the design of their flight vehicles. Our customers save time and then produce lighter, better-performing vehicles." Moti Karpel, CEO of Karpel Dynamic Consulting
DynResp has existing integrations with MSC Nastran, Adams and Cradle
Modules available on MSCOneXT
- DynResp for MSCOne
- DynLoad for MSCOne