From linear to nonlinear with MSC Nastran
You will learn how to get started efficiently with nonlinear calculations. There are many reasons, from the linear move to non-linear calculation: large deformations, non-linear material properties, more non-linear Contact or thermo-mechanical coupling. If you are already working with linear solutions, the formal one is transition easy. Nevertheless, you have to take into account the additional effects of the non-linear calculation, which are unfamiliar. Error messages can result: additional degrees of freedom due to other AUTOSPC defaults, nonlinear RBEs or Iteration parameters affecting accuracy and performance.
- Reasons for nonlinear calculation: Large deformations and strains, non-linear loads (follower forces) and material properties, Nonlinear Contact, Thermomechanical Coupling, screw preload
- What is different in the nonlinear calculation?
- Typical messages in the f06 file when using SOL101 changes in SOL400
- Additional degrees of freedom
- AUTOSPC settings
- Linear and non-linear elements
- RBEs - from linear to Lagrangian
- Differential stiffness in beam and shell offsets
- Analysis chaining - subcases and steps
- Nonlinear iteration and convergence
- Nonlinear and elastoplastic materials
- Composite failure
- Glued Contact, linear and non-linear contacts
Basic knowledge of handling MSC Nastran (NAS101 or NAS120).
March 9, November 16
Garching near Munich or online by request