PC-DMIS 2018 R1 is the latest release of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence’s world-leading dimensional measurement software package for coordinate measuring machines (CMMs).
PC-DMIS 2018 R1 adds the most highly-requested items from the user ‘Idea Centre’ to your dimensional metrology toolset, with new features including the graphical point manipulation feature, and the ‘push to points’ AutoFeature functionality. This edition also introduces seamless integration with the industry-standard Q-DAS statistical process control (SPC) software, whereby the key process parameters affecting process quality can be easily identified and tracked.
PC-DMIS 2018 R1 focuses on the creation task of the measurement routine and continues to optimise the key elements of that workflow. This includes front and centre visual access to key measurement strategy parameters with the new QuickSet widget technology.
PC-DMIS leads the way in revolutionising measurement, pioneering technologies such as:
- Use of CAD models in the inspection process
- Directly linking CAD systems and measurement software through its Direct CAD Interface (DCI) technology
- Implementing a full set of sheet metal measurement routines tailored for the automotive industry
- Digitally simulating measurement in an offline virtual CMM environment
- Easily aligning complex contoured parts using breakthrough iterative alignment technology
PC-DMIS is standard equipment on all Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence measurement devices and is also available as a retrofit package for most other measurement equipment manufacturers, allowing users of non-Hexagon equipment to take advantage of PC-DMIS technology. PC-DMIS comes in three basic configurations, Pro, CAD and CAD++, with optional modules available to fine-tune for specific needs. It is also available in an offline version for virtual programming.
Features & benefits
New To Points Toggle for AutoFeatures
Now you can easily convert AutoFeatures to points or quickly use the measured hits for new Constructions and Dimensions; available for Plane, Circle, and Cylinder AutoFeatures. Selecting the To Points Toggle icon on the AutoFeature toggle bar creates the desired feature as individual Vector Points with the associated shape constructions. The Best Fit Recompensate algorithm is then applied to recreate the original shape as a new Constructed feature.
Improved PC-DMIS to Q-DAS Integration
It’s easier than ever to analyse your PC-DMIS data with new support for Q-DAS Traces. This option inserts the traces for K-fields whose ‘WhereFrom’ properties are set to ‘TRACE’ in the Setup K-Field Configuration window of the Q-DAS Configurator. The Q-DAS Configurator creates a Q-DAS data file for a PC-DMIS measurement routine. This data file has information that the Q-DAS statistical process control software uses to generate properly formatted files.
New QuickSet Controls for QuickFeature and GD&T Selection
The new QuickSet control brings flexible measurement strategies to QuickFeature and GD&T selection. To activate QuickSet for QuickFeatures simply press Shift as usual, then hover over a feature, and double-click on the feature on the CAD model. For GD&T selection, you can activate it by either double-clicking on a GD&T callout or by pressing Shift and double-clicking on a GD&T callout on the CAD model. As you make changes to the feature with QuickSet, PC-DMIS makes the same changes in the Edit window command.
New QuickFeature Multi Capture for Circle and Cylinders
QuickFeature measurement is faster than ever with a new way to create multiple circles and cylinders with just one click. To create multiple circular features, circles or cylinders of the same size, like a bolt hole pattern, first select one or more surfaces, then press and hold Shift, then simply hover the pointer over one circular feature to highlight all features of that diameter on the selected surfaces. Once all the features are highlighted, click the feature to create the highlighted circular features.INSPECT Improvements
INSPECT now includes the CAD and LIVE views from PC-DMIS. Create Playlists including one or more routines, for executing a specified number of times, matching your production processes. Mark favourites to put commonly used routines right there on the Start screen, alongside the Recent ones. This function works with PC-DMIS or QUINDOS, and features seamless integration with HxGN SMART Quality.
Improved Flush and Gap Workflow for Point-Cloud Inspection
You can now use the Laser AutoFeature Multiple Creation tab with Flush and Gap Feature extraction. This improved workflow makes it even faster to extract multiple Flush and Gap AutoFeatures from an existing cloud of points object. Simply select the starting point, check the Create Multiple Features box, select the appropriate CAD curve lines, then finish up by adjusting the end point and feature spacing.
And Over 40 Other New Features and Improvements Including…
A new CAD Rotation Widget for resizable one-click CAD rotation, Added (M) for Coaxiality/Concentricity, Leica Absolute Scanner LAS laser scanner support, improved 4K monitor support, improved QuickFeature laser support, Datakit 2017.3 Implementation, user interface refresh, and improved tracker user experience.
Recommended System Requirements
PC-DMIS 2018 R1 operates under 64-bit Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista. No other operating systems are supported.
- When using third-party drivers that are not part of our recommended configuration, you should contact your IT department to ensure operating system compatibility with PC-DMIS
- Running PC-DMIS inside a Virtual Machine (VM) is supported only if the VM supports OpenGL 3 or higher.
- PC-DMIS Vision machines do not support 64-bit Windows 8. The Matrox Framegrabber PC-DMIS Vision hardware component does not support a 64-bit operating system.
Microsoft .NET Framework
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 for Windows. If you do not have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1, the PC-DMIS installer will install it for you.
4 GB of RAM or higher
- The size of the CAD data file and the tessellation multiplier value used affect the amount of memory needed. These both affect the amount of tessellated facets needed to display the model. The smaller the tessellation multiplier value used, the more memory needed for the facets. For large CAD models, this could cause an "Out Of Memory" error. If this occurs, the current PC-DMIS session will be left in an unstable state and should be terminated.
- The default tessellation multiplier value is 1.0. Setting a tessellation multiplier of 0.1 will result in a 10 to 20 percent increase in the memory required over the default value of 1.0. Decreasing the tessellation multiplier further to 0.01 will result in an additional 50 to 65 percent increase of memory required.
1 GB of video RAM
2 GHz or higher quad core processor
- For desktops: NVIDIA Quadro K620 graphics card
- For laptops: NVIDIA Quadro K1100M graphics card
- For laptops running PC-DMIS with an RS4 laser sensor: NVIDIA Quadro M3000M graphics card with 4 GB of memory
The graphics driver must support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. A warning message appears on PC-DMIS startup if the driver does not support OpenGL 3.0 or if your graphics driver is more than three years old.
2 GB of free hard drive space plus allocated virtual memory of eight times the largest CAD file used
SSD drive, HDD 10K, or two disks in RAID 0 mode (high-performance hard disk drive)
Screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher
- Two Ethernet ports. This may be required for specific installations in consideration of local needs, including but not limited to CMM systems where one port is required for controller communications and another for intranet/Internet communications.
- Two USB ports
- DVD drive
- HASP key (a physical USB portlock) or a software license
Note: A HASP key does not act as general-purpose data storage; therefore, you cannot use a HASP key to store (download) arbitrary data from a computer. Similarly, you cannot use a HASP key to put (upload) arbitrary data on a computer. Also, only Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence applications can read or write to a HASP key; other applications do not have this capability. As a result, you cannot use a HASP key to load and unload data to and from a computer.
Internet Explorer 10 or later
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence used the Sophos anti-virus tool to test PC-DMIS 2018 R1. The user will need to confirm the performance of any other anti-virus tool.
Solutions for CMMs Using RS-232 Communications
If you are installing PC-DMIS 2018 R1 on a new or existing computer, but you have an older CMM model that uses RS-232 communications, then you will need to install one of these solutions on your computer: