What's new in Inspire?
Explore the latest features in your version of Inspire.
How to use measurement triggers
Using Perimeters in Inspire
Inspire is updated to the new branding to support the Nexus platform.
Major improvements include:
- Move Dimension Leader Lines
- Duplicate Objects in the Tree
- Create Colorized deviation Clouds to 3D Features
- Highlighting Nominal Features during measurement
- Project Comparison errors on Actuals
- Comparisons to STL show positive and negative deviations
- Cardinal Points for slots
- Best Fit Points to Points Alignment: Force point pairs
- GD&T: Projected Tolerance Zones
- Set Project information for the job file
- Set Project Info Action
- Set Measurement Method
- Point Instrument at Feature Centers
Inspire 2022.2 brings numerous memory, performance, and functionality improvements.
To improve performance, the way you scan and store cloud data is completely rewritten.
Expect increased speeds for scanning and processes with point clouds by parallelizing operations, making algorithms more efficient and avoiding unnecessary copy of data under the hood.
In production, this means you can scan a part with 5 – 7 scan passes in about 15 seconds. Where it used to take about a minute to process the data into a full scan, it now takes 20 seconds.
Many operations are two to three times faster, including Alignments and Feature extractions.
Some operations are up to 10x faster, including scanning large files, and selecting and deleting large sections of cloud data. Deleting sections of a point used to take twenty seconds, now take only two.
Major improvements include:
- To improve performance, the way you scan and store cloud data is completely rewritten
- Improved speeds for scanning and operations with point clouds by parallelizing operations, making algorithms more efficient and avoiding unnecessary copy of data under the hood.
- Many operations are 2 – 3 times faster, including Alignments and Feature extractions
- Some operations are up to 10 times faster, including scanning large files, selecting and deleting large sections of cloud data
- New functionality enabling a password security upgrade. Password protect job files and lock features.
- Comparison enhancements – add a comparison that reverses the direction / magnitude of deviations, and a comparison to save colorization settings and changing the default colorization selection.
- New features including the addition of a construction method for calculating a diameter and location where two cones intersect, updates to analysis tools, offsetting along a normal, instrument jumping, cloud to cloud alignments, added GD&T support for ASME and ISO, and more, all designed to continue making Inspire more robust and easier to use.
- Extract features from multiple CAD faces and partial surfaces
- New display options for dimensions and the graphic window
- Added a new feature intersector operation
Enhanced CAD feature extraction
New Intersector feature
- Create features and dimensions from individual cross sections
- Enhanced feature callout visualizations and value display logic
- Added functionality to the ATS600 interface and updated camera views