PC-DMIS 2018 R2
Introducing the latest version of PC-DMIS
PC-DMIS 2018 R2 is the latest release of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence’s world-leading dimensional measurement software package for coordinate measuring machines (CMMs).
PC-DMIS leads the way in revolutionising measurement, pioneering technologies such as:
- Use of CAD models in the inspection process
- Directly linking CAD systems and measurement software through its Direct CAD Interface (DCI) technology
- Implementing a full set of sheet metal measurement routines tailored for the automotive industry
- Digitally simulating measurement in an offline virtual CMM environment
- Easily aligning complex contoured parts using breakthrough iterative alignment technology
PC-DMIS is standard equipment on all Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence measurement devices and is also available as a retrofit package for most other measurement equipment manufacturers, allowing users of non-Hexagon equipment to take advantage of PC-DMIS technology. PC-DMIS comes in three basic configurations: Pro, CAD and CAD++, with optional modules available to fine-tune for specific needs. It is also available in an offline version for virtual programming.
Features & benefits
New reporting workflows - Customise your report. No programming degree required.
Drag and drop commands into the report window to build rich collaborative reports. An intuitive slideshow style interface brings the capability of custom reporting to every user. Changing the report company logo or adding a snapshot of the CAD View are also now just a click away.
New quickpath tool - Creating an efficient measurement path is now as simple as A-B-C.
QuickPath expands upon the existing QuickFeature tool to simplify the creation of features with a safe path. While enabled, automatic checks take place during feature creation to insert move points and tips when necessary. The tip selection uses the well-proven Auto Wrist feature and the path is displayed so problem areas are quickly identified and easily corrected.
New reporting tool - qs-STAT runs charts inside PC-DMIS.
Easily spot process variation or outliers with the new Stats Chart command, and pull run charts from qs-STAT directly into the PC-DMIS report.
Improved laser support -New laser working area visualisation and offline simulation.
The laser working area represents the selected Zoom and is now visualised together with the laser probes. During execution the data acquisition of the points is simulated in the graphics window.
Improved probe utility – Favourites, and angles, and buy…oh my!
Mark your favourites. Create required tip angles by clicking on your CAD part. Buy replacements with our Shopping Cart tools. The PC-DMIS e-Store is coming soon…
Inspect 3.2 improvements
Slideshow is now free to use while you are under a PC-DMIS SMA. More control is given over which routines are accessible to operators, with a date filter helping you find a specific historical report. Other improvements include: last execution time and duration for each routine, integrated Online Help, and HxGN SMART Quality monitor mode.
Recommended System Requirements
PC-DMIS 2018 R2 operates under 64-bit Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista. No other operating systems are supported.
- When you use third-party drivers, you should contact your local Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence representative to ensure operating system compatibility.
- Running PC-DMIS inside a Virtual Machine (VM) is supported only if the VM supports OpenGL 3 or higher.
- PC-DMIS Vision machines do not support 64-bit Windows 8. The Matrox Framegrabber PC-DMIS Vision hardware component does not support a 64-bit operating system.
Microsoft .NET Framework
If you do not have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 for Windows, the PC-DMIS installer will install it for you.
4 GB of RAM or higher
- The size of the CAD data file and the tessellation multiplier value used affect the amount of memory needed. These both affect the number of tessellated facets needed to display the model. The smaller the tessellation multiplier value used, the more memory needed for the facets. For large CAD models, this could cause an "Out Of Memory" error. If this occurs, the current PC-DMIS session will be left in an unstable state and should be terminated.
- The default tessellation multiplier value is 1.0. Setting a tessellation multiplier of 0.1 will result in a 10 to 20 percent increase in the memory required over the default value of 1.0. Decreasing the tessellation multiplier further to 0.01 will result in an additional 50 to 65 percent increase of memory required.
1 GB of video RAM
2 GHz or higher quad core processor
- For desktops: NVIDIA Quadro K620 graphics card
- For laptops: NVIDIA Quadro K1100M graphics card
- For laptops running PC-DMIS with an RS4 laser sensor: NVIDIA Quadro M3000M graphics card with 4 GB of memory
The graphics driver must support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. A warning message appears on PC-DMIS startup if the driver does not support OpenGL 3.0 or if your graphics driver is more than three years old.
2 GB of free hard drive space plus allocated virtual memory of eight times the largest CAD file used
SSD drive, HDD 10K, or two disks in RAID 0 mode (high-performance hard disk drive)
Screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher
- Two Ethernet ports. This may be required for specific installations in consideration of local needs, including but not limited to CMM systems where one port is required for controller communications and another for intranet/Internet communications.
- Two USB ports
- DVD drive
- HASP key (a physical USB portlock) or a software licence
Note: A HASP key does not act as general-purpose data storage; therefore, you cannot use a HASP key to store (download) arbitrary data from a computer. Similarly, you cannot use a HASP key to put (upload) arbitrary data on a computer. Also, only Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence applications can read or write to a HASP key; other applications do not have this capability. As a result, you cannot use a HASP key to load and unload data to and from a computer.
Internet Explorer 10 or later
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence used the Sophos anti-virus tool to test PC-DMIS 2018 R2. The user will need to confirm the performance of any other anti-virus tool.
Solutions for CMMs Using RS-232 Communications
If you are installing PC-DMIS 2018 R2 on a new or existing computer, but you have an older CMM model that uses RS-232 communications, then you will need to install one of these solutions on your computer:
- An external RS-232 serial-to-USB adapter cable plus the serial-to-USB adapter cable driver
- An internal serial adapter card with serial ports