PC-DMIS 2017 R2
Introducing the latest version of PC-DMIS
PC-DMIS 2017 R2 is the latest release of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence’s world-leading dimensional measurement software package for coordinate measuring machines (CMMs).
PC-DMIS 2017 R2 continues the measurable trends towards great product stability and improved user experience. This release marks another significant step forward, with even more valuable enhancements that contribute to overall workflow improvements across all areas of the product.
PC-DMIS leads the way in revolutionising measurement, pioneering technologies such as:
- Use of CAD models in the inspection process
- Directly linking CAD systems and measurement software through its Direct CAD Interface (DCI) technology
- Implementing a full set of sheet metal measurement routines tailored for the automotive industry
- Digitally simulating measurement in an offline virtual CMM environment
- Easily aligning complex contoured parts using breakthrough iterative alignment technology
PC-DMIS is standard equipment on all Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence measurement devices and is also available as a retrofit package for most other measurement equipment manufacturers, allowing users of non-Hexagon equipment to take advantage of PC-DMIS technology.
PC-DMIS comes in three basic configurations, Pro, CAD and CAD++, with optional modules available to fine-tune for specific needs. It is also available in an offline version for virtual programming.
Features & benefits
New Mesh Tools
New updates improve the native mesh resolution from import to visualisation. PC-DMIS 2017 R2 makes it easy to apply a colour map to the mesh data object and create annotation points, align mesh data objects to the CAD model or align a mesh to another mesh object, and now you can create one Surface Colour Map, group the selected surfaces, and assign different tolerances to each group.
Slideshow for INSPECT
Create unlimited customisable layouts with inspection results populated during measurement and view your inspection in a whole new way! The optional Slideshow tab (additional licence required), can display multiple slides of dimensional and informational labels whenever you execute a measurement routine. With Slideshow, you can create or edit a template that contains the label controls on the slides to report the measured dimension data.
Expanded Vision View Capabilities
The Vision Live View now displays which features have already been programmed without needing to swap to CAD view, and also offers an integrated focus graph.
AICON Optical Scanner Support
Seamless automation of AICON optical scanner acquisition and PC-DMIS measurement and analysis.
PC-DMIS 2017 R2 improves the efficiency of vision features by reducing rechecks caused by contamination. The outlier filter has been improved to better handle noise on small arc segments and at the end points of a line. The software can now correctly identify and remove those outliers requiring less manual analysis and rechecks from the programmer.
CAM Models from VISI can now be directly imported into PC-DMIS, complete with identified 'Control Points' that can be automatically converted to measurements.
Improved CAD Import
Importing CAD files is now multi-processor aware. More cores in your computer equals faster importing, and better experience overall. A new Virtual Machine dialogue is now organised in the tree view arrangement for easier machine selection with an added Table Only category so programming can be done even when the exact machine is not known. And a new CAD toolbar puts all the tools needed for CAD import and GD&T Selection in one place.
CREO Direct CAD Interface, 4-axis scanning, LSP-S2 Scan+ support, HP-THD Probe support, New SolidEdge CAD Translator, QuickScan support for laser probes, accuracy using HP-S-X5 HD with long extensions, a refreshed user interface and many more enhancements.
Recommended System Requirements
Attention 32-bit users! PC-DMIS 2017 R2 does not support the 32-bit Windows operating system, regardless of the operating system version number. PC-DMIS 2017 R1 was the final 32-bit version of PC-DMIS supported by Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence. If you have not already done so, please update your measurement device operating system and hardware (personal computer), if necessary, to a modern 64-bit system with a more current and stable Windows operating system, such as Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7.
Customers moving to a modern operating system will benefit from:
- Dramatically enhanced security
- Broad device choice for a mobile workforce
- Higher user productivity
- A lower total cost of ownership through improved management capabilities
PC-DMIS 2017 R2 operates under 64-bit Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista. No other operating systems are supported.
- When you use third-party drivers, you should contact your local Hexagon representative to ensure operating system compatibility.
- Running PC-DMIS inside a Virtual Machine (VM) is supported only if the VM supports OpenGL 3 or higher.
- PC-DMIS Vision machines do not support 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 8.
- The Matrox Framegrabber PC-DMIS Vision hardware component does not support a 64-bit operating system.
Microsoft .NET Framework
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 for Windows. If you do not have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1, the PC-DMIS installer will install it for you.
- 4 GB of RAM or higher
- The size of the CAD data file and the tessellation multiplier value used affect the amount of memory needed. These both affect the amount of tessellated facets needed to display the model. The smaller the tessellation multiplier value used, the more memory needed for the facets. For large CAD models, this could cause an ‘Out of Memory’ error. If this occurs, the current PC-DMIS session will be left in an unstable state and should be terminated.
- The default tessellation multiplier value is 1.0. Setting a tessellation multiplier of 0.1 will result in a 10 to 20 percent increase in the memory required over the default value of 1.0. Decreasing the tessellation multiplier further to 0.01 will result in an additional 50 to 65 percent increase of memory required.
- 1 GB of video RAM
2 GHZ or higher quad core processor
- For desktops: NVIDIA Quadro K620 graphics card
- For laptops: NVIDIA Quadro K1100M graphics card
- For laptops running PC-DMIS with an RS4 laser sensor: NVIDIA Quadro M3000M graphics card with 4 GB of memory
The graphics driver must support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. A warning message appears on PC-DMIS startup if the driver does not support OpenGL 3.0 or if your graphics driver is more than a year old.
- 2 GB of free hard drive space plus allocated virtual memory of eight times the largest CAD file used
- SSD drive, HDD 10K, or two disks in RAID 0 mode (high-performance hard disk drive)
Screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher
- Two Ethernet ports. This may be required for specific installations in consideration of local needs, including but not limited to CMM systems where one port is required for controller communications and another for intranet/Internet communications.
- Two USB ports
- DVD drive
- HASP key (a physical USB portlock) or a software licence
A HASP key does not act as general-purpose data storage; therefore, you cannot use a HASP key to store (download) arbitrary data from a computer. Similarly, you cannot use a HASP key to put (upload) arbitrary data on a computer. Also, only Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence applications can read or write to a HASP key; other applications do not have this capability. As a result, you cannot use a HASP key to load and unload data to and from a computer.
Internet Explorer 10 or later
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence used the Sophos antivirus tool to test PC-DMIS 2017 R2. The user will need to confirm the performance of any other antivirus tool.
Solutions for CMMs Using RS-232 Communications
If you are installing PC-DMIS 2017 R2 on a new or existing computer, but you have an older CMM model that uses RS-232 communications, then you will need to install one of these solutions on your computer:
- An external RS-232 serial-to-USB adapter cable plus the serial-to-USB adapter cable driver
- An internal serial adapter card with serial ports