EDGECAM Minimum System Requirements
Minimum Hardware Specifications
- Windows 10 or 11 - 64 bit:
- Only Professional versions supported.
- Graphics board supporting OpenGL 3.3 :
- Minimum 1920 x 1080 resolution.
- Supporting at least 65,000 colours.
- 4 GB of RAM.
Recommended Hardware Specifications
- Windows 10 or 11 - 64 bit.
- Graphics: 512 MB + onboard RAM.
- AMD Radeon Pro series or the NVIDIA RTX/Quadro series with latest WHQL drivers.
- 32 GB of RAM.
- SSD Hard Disk.
The ToolStore Server installer will install the following items if they are not already present on your system:
- .NET Framework version 3.5 SP1 (includes .NET Framework version 2.0).
- .NET Framework version 4.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Setup.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Setup.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Setup.
The Live Job Reports Server does not support Windows XP or Windows Server 2003; only 7 / 8 and Server 2008 up to 2016 are supported. The Live Job Reports client requires one of the following web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11.
- Google Chrome 28 or above.
- Microsoft Edge.
- Firefox 22 or above.
- EDGECAM will install and run on the 'home' edition of these operating systems. However this is not recommended and we cannot guarantee to fix any EDGECAM issues specifically related to these operating systems.
- The Sentinel RMS license server runs as a system service on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Server up to and including Windows Server 2019. Sentinel RMS network licenses can be installed on virtual servers provided that they are locked to a Computer ID USB key. Standalone (single seat) Sentinel RMS licenses cannot be locked against the Computer ID USB keys for use on a virtual server.
- It is not recommended to have multiple EDGECAM versions installed on the same computer when the user has limited rights or UAC is ON as this may potentially cause problems with Simulator.
The Simulator is registered during installation using Administrator Privileges. When the Simulator is run, a check is made to determine whether the correct version is currently registered. If it is not, it must be re-registered which is not possible if the user has limited permissions.
- Domain Controllers are not supported for ToolStore Server and EDGECAM due to SQL limitations.
- There is a known Microsoft issue when running SQL server on drives using 4k sectors. SQL sever and SQL ECSQLEXPRESS Instance should not be installed on a 4k Drive.
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 are no longer supported by EDGECAM.
- Windows 8 RT is not supported by EDGECAM.
SQL Express 2014 has a memory limit of 1 GB and a Database size limit of 10 GB. Performance issues may arise if the database is near this limit. To avoid these issues, if several job images are required, we recommend that they are not stored in the database. Job images can be extracted from the database using a command line option (tsadmin /ExtractJim) which will extract the job images to the ToolStore support folder, JobImages. Please ensure that the server has enough memory to handle the database, if it is not an Express version.