Hexagon Elite Awards presented to winners across 10 unique categories at HxGN LIVE Global 2023 ceremony
13 June 2023
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Hexagon’s Asset Lifecycle Intelligence division tonight announced the recipients of its 2023 Hexagon Elite Awards during HxGN LIVE Global 2023 at Caesars Forum, the flagship digital reality technology conference built for the future, providing access to Hexagon’s latest sensor, software and autonomous technologies. The third annual awards were presented at a ceremony as part of the Asset Lifecycle Intelligence division’s party for HxGN LIVE attendees.
The Hexagon Elite Awards honor Asset Lifecycle Intelligence division customers who are champions of progress and innovation using Hexagon solutions. This year’s awards recognize winners aligned with the Smart Digital Reality™, a unified, role-based, real-time view of the physical and digital realities across a project and asset portfolio. This accelerates data velocity across the asset lifecycle to enable improved collaboration and smarter decision-making that increases productivity, operational integrity and sustainability of industrial facilities.
It is powered by the Digital Backbone, Hexagon’s engine for interoperability, intelligence and innovation that connects data across the entire industrial asset lifecycle, enabling users to achieve more digital twins, third-party software and legacy systems.
“We are excited that this competition continues to elevate and elicit interest worldwide in Hexagon’s ever-evolving portfolio,” said David Cryer, Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Hexagon’s Asset Lifecycle Intelligence division. “We again received numerous outstanding submissions created using our solutions and are pleased to recognize all these 2023 honorees for their impressive work.”
This year’s recipients are:
- Best in Planning recognizes customers using Hexagon solutions to:
- Seamlessly integrate data across portfolios, projects, assets and disciplines to optimize project selection, design, resourcing and profitability
- Generate clear conceptual designs to increase efficiency and accuracy during detailed design and engineering
- Accurately define scope, budget, and schedule for project and event design and execution
2nd Place: Lucas Mardegam from Vale
3rd Place: Wahid Kahar and Isnin Sunik from Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS)
- Best in Design recognizes customers using Hexagon solutions to:
- Leverage planning data from diverse sources to streamline design and engineering for more intelligent and consistent plans and models
- Dramatically enhance flexibility, interoperability and collaboration to maximize design accuracy
- Improve the quality and safety of engineering with interoperability between planning, design and analysis
2nd Place: Lucas Mardegam from Vale
3rd Place: Surface Systems Engineering Team from Petrobras
- Best in Execution recognizes customers using Hexagon solutions to:
- Leverage the digital backbone and design data to efficiently procure, fabricate, construct and commission projects, improving execution time, quality, productivity and cost
- Reduce project rework and waste by better estimating, forecasting, collaborating and tracking of materials and costs
- Minimize risks associated with design and field changes, schedule or delivery delays, worker safety and more
2nd Place: Huang Li from China Tianchen Engineering
3rd Place: Yunge Shi from China Kunlun Contracting & Engineering
- Best in Operations recognizes customers using Hexagon solutions to:
- Leverage engineering and operations data to deliver more efficient, productive assets while ensuring regulatory compliance and managing EHS risk
- Share asset data across departments and stakeholders to improve collaboration, productivity and operational excellence
- Create a unified view of all operational data for more informed, real-time decision-making
2nd Place: Jefferi Kamarudin from Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS)
3rd Place: Oscar Leiva & Roberto Vegas from Escondida | BHP
- Best in Maintenance recognizes customers using Hexagon solutions to:
- Move from reactive to predictive maintenance to improve asset performance, productivity and profitability
- Improve maintenance process efficiency, standardization and human safety
- Reduce waste by improving asset energy usage and extending asset life
2nd Place: David Widegren from CERN)
3rd Place: WonGyeong Park, Boram Kim and Youngseo Park from LEGOLAND Korea Resort
- Best in OT/ICS Cybersecurity recognizes customers using Hexagon solutions to:
- Improve operational integrity by automatically capturing inventory and critical data of OT/ICS assets to minimize the impact of cyber and process safety risks
- Optimize vulnerability management through visual representation and risk scoring of endpoints
- Ensure automation works reliably by monitoring complex data from autonomous systems to identify configuration or performance issues
Hexagon’s judges also nominated customers in four additional categories. These awards focus on how clients are addressing challenges, while accelerating industrial project modernization and digital maturity.
- Best in Data recognizes customers who leverage Hexagon solutions to:
- Unlock the potential of data to prevent costly problems from occurring, while improving efficiencies.
- Inform better decision-making and efficiencies throughout the project lifecycle
- Enable seamless handovers by streamlining the gathering, validation and interpretation of data
- Ensure operational integrity with organized, actionable data and a digital twin
- Best in Digital recognizes customers who leverage Hexagon solutions to:
- Transform key processes of your entire lifecycle to enable smarter asset design, planning, construction, operation and decommissioning
- Form a digital backbone (a system of record) to manage operations in the way that works for their organization
- Best in Automation recognizes customers who leverage Hexagon solutions to:
1st Place: Lee Young from Phillips 66
- Improve efficiencies at every stage of the project lifecycle
- Increase safety in hazardous environments and cyberspace
- Best in Sustainability recognizes customers who leverage Hexagon solutions to:
- Enable sustainable development
- Extend asset productivity and life
- Reduce construction and demolition waste
Winners in each category received a complimentary pass to HxGN LIVE 2023; a monetary award to be donated to the charitable organization of their choice; and an engraved award.
Details on the 2024 Hexagon Elite Awards competition will be available soon. For the most up-to-date information, visit here.
For further information, please contact:
Jerry Felts, Global Communications Manager/Influencer Relations Specialist
Hexagon's Asset Lifecycle Intelligence division
Hexagon is the global leader in digital reality solutions, combining sensor, software and autonomous technologies. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, quality and safety across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, public sector, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping production and people related ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has approximately 24,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 5.2bn EUR. Learn more at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.