FE based fatigue, durability and random response solution.
CAEfatigue (CF) is the fastest and most robust fatigue solution on the market today
CAEfatigue is a random response and vibration fatigue solver for the frequency domain plus a fatigue solver for the time domain. It works with mixed random and deterministic loadings or standard time domain-based loadings to provide fatigue life and damage predictions, as well as several forms of response statistics. It is exceptionally fast, easy-to-use and capable of handling very large models.
The software is sold in 4 different package configurations – Premium, Frequency, Random, and Time. Click the above tabs to learn more about each specific solution.
Democratizing fatigue analysis for the masses
Response analysis, fatigue analysis, and the use of a graphical interface have traditionally suffered from a lack of democratization; that is to say, only expert users have been fully capably of using the technology. CAEfatigue aims to change this.
Two interfaces to the software are available – a Control File, text-based interface is provided for the advanced Users to help rapidly create an input control file that is needed to run an analysis. Many variables are either used in default mode or are automatically calculated based on an understanding of the system being analyzed.
Also available is a Process Flow graphical-based interface, provided to help novice users quickly gain an understanding of the technology without the need to understand the structured format of the control file interface. The interface is simple and intuitive to use.
Included in your MSC One licensing package
If you have the MSC One licensing package, you already have access to CAEfatigue’s suite of capabilities. Frequency, Random and Time are all available via MSC One. Simply download the software, follow the built-in video training tutorials, and begin your fatigue simulation using the same tokens you use for other MSC Software tools.
Includes a full training library for new users
A comprehensive Technology Transfer package is included within the HELP menu of the software, which is directly accessible from within the software GUI. More than 100 hours of video training material from beginner level to advanced level are included along with more than 100 relevant Test Problems to aid the User in understanding the technology. We aim to provide the simplicity desired by the engineer and designer along with the functionality and visual graphics found in many of the post processing packages available today.
Why choose CF over other frequency domain competitor tools?
- CF processes models from multiple sources including MSC Nastran, NX Nastran, Abaqus, Ansys and Optistruct.
- CF processes very large models (Tb+) with little difficulty.
- CF allows the use of unlimited multiple correlated inputs and includes accurate calculation of the cross-correlation influences between inputs.
- CF allows the inputs to be mixed loading (e.g. sine sweep, sine-on-random PSD, consecutive sines, etc. plus a mean (static) loading).
- CF provides advanced equivalent stress modelling (e.g. complex von-Mises, complex Principal, etc.).
- CF uses Running Sum Technology that allows for very fast analysis.
- CF is so fast that the User can do Design Of Experiments by running hundreds of jobs in quick succession.
- CF allows the use of typical automotive materials (e.g. Strain-Life and Stress-Life) and mean stress corrections in the same analysis.
- CF will produce both random response statistics and fatigue results in a single executed analysis.
- CF is a Custom Driven Technology. We strive to adjust our strategic development planning to match the needs/desires of our Customers. Tell us what you need and we will strive to make it happen!
Additional features and capabilities:
Running Sum Technology allows the analysis to run orders of magnitude faster then 1st generation tools.
Multi Input Loading allows multiple, correlated input loads for real world simulation.
Easy Adoption for users through a simple GUI or operation from a command prompt.
Multiple Output Options provides information on response stresses, damage and fatigue life results.
Remote Installation makes integration easier for larger companies.
Very Large Models can be evaluated using our running sum technology.
Sine Sweep (SINESW) enhancement now supports mixed loading units.
Material Property can be provided in many different formats for your analysis.
Equivalent Stress Correction provides the ability to do more accurate equivalent stress corrections.
Mean Stress Correction provides the ability to do mean stress corrections as part of the analysis.
Plasticity Index is a non-linear response statistic output.
Damage Sensitivity analysis can help optimize the design and materials used to save cost and weight.
Frequency of Response provides the ability to see a fringe plot of frequency values at peak response.
Random Response provides displacement, velocity, acceleration and force output.
Event Repeats allows you to specify repeats of loading Events for Damage Calculations.
Response Notch allows partial scaling of the Transfer Function for “what if” Damage Calculations.