Leica Geosystems brings Leica BLK2GO PULSE to market for intuitive mobile laser scanning
(Heerbrugg, Switzerland — Oct. 10, 2023) Leica Geosystems, part of Hexagon, the global leader in digital reality solutions combining sensor, software and autonomous technologies, today announced the upcoming release of the Leica BLK2GO PULSE.
The BLK2GO PULSE is a new first-person laser scanner that combines cutting-edge LiDAR sensor technology with the original Leica BLK2GO form factor. It provides customers with a rapid, simple and intuitive first-person scanning method, controlled with their smartphone, that delivers full-colour 3D point clouds instantly in the field.
The BLK2GO PULSE was built in collaboration with Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation (Sony), the global leader in image sensors. The BLK2GO PULSE fuses Sony’s advanced Time-of-Flight (ToF) image sensors with Leica Geosystems’ proven GrandSLAM technology, resulting in the world’s first dual ToF handheld scanner.
With its release planned in early 2024, the BLK2GO PULSE will add a new, unique and disruptive member to the BLK2GO product family. The BLK2GO PULSE is primarily used for indoor applications such as the creation of 3D digital twins and 2D floor plans. Additional features include:
- First-person scanning: See what you capture from a first-person scanning perspective. Colourised 3D data is streamed in real time to the smartphone screen.
- Instant data availability: Immediately view and share colourised 3D point clouds and images from the field, as easy as sharing a photo or video.
- Intuitive companion app: With a smartphone (iOS or Android) attached to the scanner, access a streamlined end-to-end reality capture workflow in the BLK Live app.
- Smart scanning guidance: In-app notifications provide real-time guidance to the user to ensure optimal scanning practices.
- Reality Cloud Studio, powered by HxDR, upload: Easily upload scans from the field to Reality Cloud Studio, Hexagon’s cloud application for reality capture data visualisation, collaboration, and storage.
“With a fast end-to-end workflow that combines scanner and smartphone app into one reality capture solution, users will benefit from an easy, intuitive user experience and the delivery of complete data instantly,” said Juergen Mayer, President Reality Capture at Leica Geosystems, part of Hexagon. “The BLK2GO PULSE furthers our mission to democratise reality capture, and along with Hexagon’s most recent innovations such as Reality Cloud Studio, powered by HxDR, we continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in digital reality with even more disruptive products.”
For more information about the BLK2GO PULSE, visit the website or stop by the Hexagon booth (Hall 25 | Booth B25.16) at INTERGEO 2023 in Berlin.
Leica Geosystems — when it has to be right
With more than 200 years of history, Leica Geosystems, part of Hexagon, is the trusted supplier of premium sensors, software and services. Delivering value every day to professionals in surveying, construction, infrastructure, mining, mapping and other geospatial content-dependent industries, Leica Geosystems leads the industry with innovative solutions to empower our autonomous future.
Hexagon is the global leader in digital reality solutions, combining sensor, software and autonomous technologies. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, quality and safety across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, public sector, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping production and people related ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has approximately 24,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 5.2bn EUR. Learn more at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.