Introduction to Patran
PAT301 is the introductory course for new Patran users. Students will master the basic skills required to use Patran in typical MCAE applications. PAT301 emphasises practical skills development through comprehensive, hands-on laboratory sessions.
Students will learn to build analysis models using Patran, define material properties, create boundary conditions, access Patran's material libraries for material properties, submit their job for analysis and postprocess results in varying formats.
- Take a model through the complete design and analysis cycle
- Import CAD geometry and use it to create new geometry in Patran
- Learn graphics manipulation, imaging, and viewing techniques
- Practice using the different meshing techniques: isomesher, paver, and tetmesher
- Verify your finite element model
- Apply loads and boundary conditions
- Learn advanced techniques:
o Apply distributed pressure loads
o Vary thicknesses
o Use groups and lists to filter and group entities
- Submit analysis
- View and manipulate results
No previous experience is required but an understanding of FE techniques is desirable.
Tel: +44 (0)1276 903120