Digimat standard training - material engineering
This seminar provides an introduction on how to use a Digimat material model of a plastic or composite part that has fiber orientations predicted by an injection modelling or draping simulation. By using a Digimat material model the non-linear material properties and the effects of the local microstructure of the composite or plastic can have taken into account. The following Digimat modules will be used: Digimat-MF, Digimat-MX, Digimat-CAE and Digimat-MAP.
- Introduction to the Digimat Graphical User Interface
- Mean-field homogenization theory as well as the material models available in Digimat-MF
- Material database management and automatic calibration of Digimat materials in Digimat-MX
- Introduction to designing RVE (representative volume element) for various composite microstructures using Digimat-FE
- Exporting RVE into FEA solver to run a finite element analysis on the material and post-processing of results in Digimat-FE
- Guided exercises to implement the different procedures presented during the course
Basic theoretical knowledge of material constitutive model is recommended. Good knowledge of an FEA code is recommended.
Tel: +44 (0)1276 903120