Designed to exploit cross-business synergies and raise the innovation bar across all lines of business
Our innovation strategy is driven by the Innovation Hub – designed to exploit cross-business synergies and raise the innovation bar across all lines of business. And while incremental innovation remains a focus of our divisions, the focus of the Hub is to capitalise on expert insights and fuel disruptive, breakthrough innovation across our company.
The spokes of the Hub are as follows:
- Purpose – Systems integration and innovative R&D of select Hexagon information technologies (hardware and related software)
- Goal – Technology prep for ‘the connectivity of everything’ era (the ‘smarter’ the device, the stronger the connectivity)
- Focus – Research and development of ‘smart-ready’ technologies (embedded, operating system-agnostic software application tools, communication ports, protocols, user interfaces, etc.)
- Purpose – Holistic view of technology synergies and integration opportunities across Hexagon, supporting the interoperability of both Hexagon and third-party products
- Goal – Connectivity and business process optimisation (the more integrated and intelligent the workflow, the greater the value to the business)
- Focus – Development of connectivity technologies and platforms (think IoT) that support both Hexagon and third-party products and provide advanced data analytics algorithms to sophisticate connectivity
- Purpose – Business incubator acumen for exploiting strategic and opportunistic innovation pipeline opportunities
- Goal – Bringing next-generation of information technologies to market
- Focus – Holistic view of how technologies might transfer to other business areas and markets, creating new business models, value and revenue streams
The spokes of the Hub work in close cooperation with the business-specific R&D teams across Hexagon, underpinning our commitment to drive disruptive innovation.